July 21, 2014

Something Like a Vacation...For Now


So...y'all probably were thinking, "Lisa done moved to Florida and forgot about us..." But y'all know I could never forget the homies! LOL. I have just been on that "no internet or cable" struggle! I tell y'all; I will never take internet and wifi for granted. Y'all should have seen me trying to find open wifi wherever I went lol!

BUT NOW IM BACK! And ready to tell y'all about my Jacksonville, Florida adventures. So I've been here for a little over a week now and I can't tell you where anything is. I've literally been to four different Walmarts in just a couple days. This city is just so big, but I'm loving it so far!


Even though I've only been here for a short period of time, I feel like I've done so much! I have: 

1. SPENT SO MUCH TIME WITH MY ROOMMATES. I'm so happy my roommates are cool and people I would actually hang out with. We literally go everywhere together because none of us no where anything is. Plus when you have no furniture, internet, cable, or food, it is the perfect time to get to know each other lol

2. JACKSONVILLE BEACH. When I heard that the beach was only 15 minutes away, you know I had show off my beach body (LOL! What beach body?). It was a really nice beach; it wasn't too crowded and it was such a beautiful and relaxing place. I will definitely be at the beach as much as I can.


3. A COOKOUT. One of my roommates' boyfriend invited us to a cookout with his church group. It was at one of the church members' house. They have such a beautiful home and were very welcoming. They also had a lake in their backyard where visitors could do some fishing and just enjoy the view. 
My favorite part was meeting a girl who was so obsessed with North Carolina State University. When she found out I was from North Carolina, she about had a fit! She wants to transfer there in 2015. I wanted to tell her that State was nothing compared to UNC ( you know, because they are NOT our rivals LOL) but I decided to let her live. She was such a sweet and talkative girl. 



4. FLEA MARKET SHOPPING. I used to go to the flew market with my parents as a child, but we don't have too many of those in Eastern NC. The flea market was a site to see! People were selling anything and everything you could think of. My roommates and I even left with a dining room table and chairs for only $25!!! (Ain't God good??) I definitely know I will be back for some more of those 'steals'.

One random thing I've seen since I've been here is that everyone seems to have DREADS! Even little children, as young as five or six, I've seen with dreads lol. So when y'all see me with dreads in the near future, don't be surprised. Haha

So that is just some of the things I've done so far. I can't wait to get to know the city of Jacksonville a lot more. Hopefully I can squeeze in some more fun before I have to start work in a week! Because once I start, I'm officially a working adult!

For those that pray, continue to pray for me while I am out here! Until next blog post, 

Lisa! 

No comments:

Post a Comment